APTAC Conference Call for Presentations
This Call for Presentations has Closed.
The deadline has passed and no additional proposals will be considered.
Please watch our website for the Call for Presentations for APTAC’s 2019 Fall Training Conference, which should be posted by late March, 2019.
APTAC 2019 Spring Training Conference and Membership Meeting – Call for Presentations
Conference Dates: March 10 – 14, 2019, Reno, NV Submission Deadline: Friday, November 30, 2018 (close of business)
Location: The Association of Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (APTAC) will hold its Spring 2019 Training Conference March 10 – 14, 2019, in Reno, NV. The Training Conference will be at the Grand Sierra Resort, 2500 East Second Street.
Who We Are: APTAC represents 94 Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTACs) across the United States. Collectively, PTACs employ 600 procurement counselors who work daily with tens of thousands of businesses, providing them with insights and information on how to best identify, compete for, and win Government contracts. PTAC counselors want and need up-to-the-minute information about changes in Government regulations, policies and initiatives. That is why we are seeking presenters for our Training Conference who can deliver practical information, tips, techniques and resources that will assist PTAC counselors in guiding their clients to a heightened understanding of today’s Government acquisition requirements.
Audience: Attendance at the Training Conference is estimated at 300-350 persons, representing PTACs hosted by colleges and universities, economic development organizations, non-profits, and units of state and local government across the country. They constitute an elite national corps of procurement professionals who provide training, counseling and technical assistance to businesses interested in selling products/services to the public sector. The goal of this conference is to provide our members with practical information, tools, techniques and resources that can be directly used to guide businesses in understanding how to meet the Government sector’s current standards and thereby become more successful in the Government marketplace. All presentations should be considered “train the trainer”. PTAC counselors who attend will receive credit toward their professional certification.
Presentation Topics: APTAC is now accepting presentation proposals from engaging and experienced experts to address our conference theme in topical areas such as the following:
- Representations and Certifications
- Cost, pricing, financing and accounting issues related to government contracts
- Contract Types
- Contract Compliance Issues
- Government Contract Formats
- Understanding Federal Solicitations
- The SBIR/STTR Program
- Past Performance
- Market Research Tools and Best Practices
- The Business Impact of the Current Administration: How are Procurement Opportunities Shifting?
- Changes in Government Contracting Regulations: What’s new and what’s gone?
- Open submittal – you are invited to submit topics relevant to government contracting
Length of Presentations: 1.5 hours, including time for questions and answers. Selected presentations may be offered twice, typically back to back, to allow conferees to attend all sessions.
Disclaimer: APTAC does not provide compensation to Conference presenters, nor does it cover travel or lodging expenses. Presenters who are not APTAC members or otherwise attending the conference via a paid registration may attend other sessions on the day of their presentation at no charge.
Making a Submittal: If you are interested in speaking/presenting at APTAC’s Spring Training Conference, please provide the following information ASAP, but not later than c.o.b. on Friday, November 30, 2018.
- Session Topic you would like to present (in any of the specified topical areas or on any topic related to the training conference’s overall theme).
- Proposed Session Description (200 words or less) including learning objectives: “As a result of this training, PTAC Counselors will learn…..”
- Brief Statement about how you will make your proposed topic relevant to the APTAC audience, including FAR references where applicable.
- Brief biographic sketch highlighting experience and background related to the topic.
- Name, Title, and Organization, e-mail address.
Submittals: Your information should be emailed jointly to the following three persons:
Ms. Debbie Barber
APTAC Education Committee Chair:
Ms. Lenora Leasure
Acceptance and Notification: All proposed presentations received by the deadline will be reviewed, and speakers will be notified via email of their acceptance no later than January 15, 2019. Selected speakers are expected to provide a copy of their PowerPoint presentation four weeks in advance of the conference.