Selling to the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA)
DLA is looking for small business suppliers in all socio-economic categories, including Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSB), Women-Owned Small Businesses, 8(A)s and Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) Zones.
What DLA Buys
The Defense Logistics Agency supplies virtually all of the consumable items America’s military forces need to operate, from food, fuel and energy, to uniforms, medical supplies, and construction and barrier equipment, as well as more than 84 percent of the military’s spare parts. From ice cream bars and bath towels to valve assemblies and aircraft structure beams, DLA buys it all. Every day DLA receives more than 130,000 requisitions, processes nearly 9,200 contract actions and does business with nearly 24,000 different suppliers.
See for yourself: Check out this List of Items that DLA is seeking. The list includes over 980,000 items, sorted by North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) code, Federal Supply Class (FSC), National Item Identification Number (NIIN) and Nomenclature (name). Please note – it is a large list and may take some time to load.
Additional resources: Defense Logistics Ageny (DLA) Small Business Programs Office
Doing Business with DLA (one pager) Doing Business with DLA (packet) DLA’s Overview for Vendors
DIBBS is an online system that allows vendors to search for, view, and submit secure quotes on Requests For Quotations (RFQs) for DLA supply items. DIBBS also allows users to search and view Request For Proposals (RFPs), Invitations For Bid (IFBs), Awards, and other procurement information related to DLA. Click here for more information on DIBBS, including recorded webinars and upcoming training opportunities.
Commercial packaging and FOB Origin are now standard components of many DLA solicitations. Click here for more information on DLA’s First Destination Transportation and Packaging Initiative.
Contact your PTAC for no cost assistance in:
- Determining if DLA is a good market for you
- Identifying which DLA buying activity to target
- Registering in – and navigating – DIBBS
- Exploring subcontracting, teaming and/or mentor-protege possibilities
- Marketing your business to DLA buyers
- and many other contracting issues!
DLA Primary Purchasing Activities
- DLA Energy manages all petroleum resources used by the Military.
- DLA Land and Maritime manages consumable repair parts for land-based and maritime weapon systems.
- DLA Troop Support manages food, clothing and textiles, pharmaceuticals, medical and surgical products, construction supplies and equipment, and support for humanitarian and disaster relief efforts at home and abroad.
- DLA Aviation manages consumable repair parts for aviation weapon systems and environmental products.
Other DLA Purchasing Activities