APTAC Current Open Call for Presentations – Optional Workshop
Call for OPTIONAL WORKSHOP Presentations Proposals
APTAC SPRING 2022 TRAINING CONFERENCE and ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
April 3 – 7, 2022
OPTIONAL WORKSHOP (OW) Submission Deadline: Monday, January 17, 2022, 11:59 PM ET
Conference Location: The Association of Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (APTAC) will hold its Spring 2022 Training Conference and Annual Membership Meeting April 3 – 7, 2022, in Indianapolis, IN. The Training Conference will be at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, One South Capitol Avenue.
Who We Are: APTAC represents 95 Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTACs) across the United States. Collectively, PTACs employ 600 procurement counselors who work daily with tens of thousands of businesses, providing them with insights and information on how to best identify, compete for, and win Government contracts. In order to continue to succeed, PTAC counselors want and need up-to-the-minute information about changes in Government regulations, policies and initiatives. That is why we are seeking speakers and presenters for our Training & Best Practices Conferences who can deliver the latest news as well as strategies for success in today’s Government contracting arena. We seek practical tips, techniques and resources that will assist PTAC counselors guide their clients to a heightened understanding of today’s Government acquisition requirements.
Conference Audience: The members of APTAC – representatives of Procurement Technical Assistance Centers – are an elite national corps of individuals who provide training, counseling and technical assistance to businesses interested in selling products/services to the public sector. APTAC members work with businesses to identify opportunities, provide training on a broad array of topics related to Government procurement, as well as providing technical assistance related to Government programs and acquisition. The goal of this conference is to provide APTAC members with practical tools, techniques and resources that can be directly used to guide businesses in understanding how to meet the Government sector’s current standards and thereby become more successful in the Government marketplace. Essentially, presentations are to “train the trainer”. Attendance at the optional workshops estimated at 75 – 125 persons, representing PTACs hosted by colleges and universities, economic development organizations, non-profits, and units of state and local government from across the country.
Optional Workshop Information and Session Lengths: Optional workshops offer the opportunity for members to gain more in-depth knowledge in various government contracting related topics. Optional Workshop session is to be 4 hours long, including time for breaks and questions and answers.
- Optional Workshop Proposal Submissions Due no later than January 17, 2022 11:59P ET
- Selections will be announced via email by February 15, 2022
- Speaker confirmations including Power Point, Bio and Photo due by March 25, 2022
- Pre-Event Conference Call for speakers on March 23, 2022 3:30P ET/2:30P CT/1:30P MT/12:30P PT
- Optional workshop(s) will be held Sunday, April 3, 2022 11:30am – 3:30pm ET
Optional Workshop Presentation Topics: Selections will be made based on (1) relevance and importance of the topic, (2) past performance of the presenter, and (3) experience of the presenter in the topic proposed. APTAC is now accepting optional workshop presentation proposals from engaging and experienced experts to address our conference theme in topical areas such as the following:
General Speaker Expectations: APTAC expects selected speakers to present in person, adhere to the timing as listed in the event agenda, provide a quality session, and to be respectful of all participants and their views. Selected speakers are expected to provide their PowerPoint presentation four weeks in advance of the conference and to attend a pre-event conference call for final details two weeks prior to the conference.
APTAC forbids you from selling, promoting, or endorsing any products and/or services within your presentation. You may mention products or services, but further promotion is prohibited. Any speaker who chooses to make a pitch during their presentation will not be selected to speak at any future APTAC educational events. Speaking performance will be evaluated and used for speaker selection for future APTAC educational events.
Making a Submittal: If you are interested in presenting an Optional Workshop at APTAC’s Spring 2022 Training Conference and Annual Meeting, please provide the following information ASAP, but not later than the submission due date.
- Session Topic (44 characters or less) you would like to present (in any of the specified topical areas or on any topic related to the training conference’s overall theme).
- Proposed Session Description (200 words or less) including learning objectives: “As a result of this training, PTAC Counselors will learn…..”
- Brief Statement about how you will make your proposed topic relevant to the APTAC audience, including FAR and/or APTAC Body of Knowledge references where applicable.
- Proposed Per Attendee Fee
- Please keep in mind there are expenses in holding the optional workshop, and these expenses get taken out of any gross proceeds gained. There is a 75/25 split of net income after expenses (venue, a/v rental fees, food etc.) with 25% being retained by APTAC and the remaining 75% going to the presenter. The amount you propose per attendee should be take into consideration the expenses and net income split. Please ask if you have any questions regarding this.
- Brief biographic sketch highlighting experience and background related to the topic.
- Name, Title, and Organization, e-mail address.
Acceptance and Notification: All proposed presentations received by the deadline will be reviewed, and speakers will be notified via email of their acceptance.
Speaker Registration & Expenses: Presenters are responsible for all applicable travel /accommodations expenses and APTAC does not pay speaker fees. Please be mindful that registration does not include travel, lodging, personal expenses, or special events.
By clicking the button below to submit a proposed presentation, you are acknowledging having read and accept the above information. Submission of your proposal is acceptance that you may be scheduled for any session during the conference schedule and you agree to be available as scheduled.
Ms. Debbie Barber
APTAC Education Committee Chair:
Ms. Lenora Leasure