APTAC Current Open Call for Presentations
Current Open Call for BREAKOUT Presentations
APTAC SPRING 2022 TRAINING CONFERENCE and ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
April 3-7, 2022
Submission Deadline: CLOSED
Conference Location: The Association of Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (APTAC) will hold its Spring 2022 Training Conference and Annual Membership Meeting April 3 – 7, 2022, in Indianapolis, IN. The Training Conference will be at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, One South Capitol Avenue.
- Breakout Session Proposal Submissions Due no later than January 10, 2022 11:59P ET
- Selections will be announced via email by February 15, 2022
- Speaker confirmations including Power Point, Bio and Photo due by March 25, 2022
- Pre-Event Conference Call for speakers on March 23, 2022 3:30P ET/2:30P CT/1:30P MT/12:30P PT
Presentation Topics: Selections will be made based on (1) relevance and importance of the topic, (2) past performance of the presenter, and (3) experience of the presenter in the topic proposed. APTAC is now accepting presentation proposals from engaging and experienced experts to address our conference in topical areas per the breakout track information below. Please note, the focus of the Spring 2022 conference is Civilian, non-DoD Federal Agencies as well as State and Local Governments.
Session Lengths: Please note, this call is for Breakout Sessions only and each session is 60 minutes long, including time for questions and answers. A typical session will include 5 minutes for introduction & closure, 45 minutes of presentation and 10 minutes Q&A If you have a topic that would need longer, please split the proposal into two parts, naming them appropriately. Selected presentations may be offered twice, typically back to back, to allow conference attendees to attend all sessions.
Breakout Tracks: Sessions must fall into one of the following tracks. Please note the appropriate track for your presentation proposal during submission. APTAC reserves the right to place your presentation in any track based on topic and/or need. Please note, the number of available slots for each training track is limited.
- How to do Business with_____ (example topics include Federal non-DoD agencies, state & local agencies, SBIR/STTR, etc.)
- PTAC Hot Topics (example topics include program & legal updates, cyber, etc.)
Speaker Expectations: APTAC expects selected speakers to present in person, adhere to the timing as listed in the event agenda, provide a quality session, and to be respectful of all participants and their views. APTAC strongly recommends that your content ties back to APTAC’s Body of Knowledge. Selected speakers are expected to provide their PowerPoint presentation no later than four weeks in advance of the conference and to attend a pre-event conference call for final details the week prior to the conference. Additionally, APTAC expects those submitting proposals to be available to present any of the breakout session timeslots.
APTAC forbids you from selling, promoting, or endorsing any products and/or services within your presentation. You may briefly mention products or services, but further promotion is prohibited. Any speaker who chooses to make a pitch during their presentation will not be selected to speak at any future APTAC educational events. Speaking performance will be evaluated and used for speaker selection for future APTAC educational events.
Speaker Registration & Expenses: Presenters are responsible for all applicable travel /accommodations expenses and APTAC does not pay speaker fees. Please be mindful that registration does not include travel, lodging, personal expenses, or special events.
Making a Submittal: If you are interested in speaking/presenting at APTAC’s Spring 2022 Training Conference and Annual Membership Meeting, please provide the following information ASAP, but not later than the submission due date.
- Session Topic (44 characters or less) you would like to present (in any of the specified topical areas or on any topic related to the training conference’s overall theme).
- Proposed Session Description (200 words or less) including learning objectives: “As a result of this training, PTAC Counselors will learn…..”
- Best fitting Breakout Track
- Brief Statement about how you will make your proposed topic relevant to the APTAC audience, including FAR and/or APTAC Body of Knowledge references where applicable.
- Brief biographic sketch highlighting experience and background related to the topic.
- Name, Title, and Organization, e-mail address.
Submittals: Your information should be submitted through this online form.
If you are unable to access the online submittal process, please let us know by emailing APTACconference@aptac-us.org.
Government Agency Presenters: If you are a government employee wishing to speak on behalf of your agency, please contact email@example.com rather than completing the standard submission process.
Acceptance and Notification: All proposed presentations received by the deadline will be reviewed, and speakers will be notified via email of their acceptance.
By clicking the button below to submit a proposed presentation, you are acknowledging having read and accept the above information. Submission of your proposal is acceptance that you may be scheduled for any session during the conference schedule and you agree to be available as scheduled.
Ms. Debbie Barber
APTAC Education Committee Chair:
Ms. Lenora Leasure