APTAC Current Open Call for Presentations
Current Open Call for BREAKOUT Presentations
APTAC FALL TRAINING & BEST PRACTICES CONFERENCE
November 7 – 11, 2021
Submission Deadline: Sunday, August 1, 2021, 11:59 PM ET
Conference Location: The Association of Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (APTAC) will hold its Fall 2021 Training & Best Practices Conference November 7 – 11, 2021, in Washington, DC. The Training Conference will be at the Hyatt Regency on Capitol Hill, 400 New Jersey Avenue, NW. Due to ongoing concerns with the pandemic, this event will be conducted as a hybrid so members unable to travel will be able to attend virtually.
Speaker Registration & Expenses: Presenters are responsible for all applicable travel /accommodations expenses and APTAC does not pay speaker fees. Please be mindful that registration does not include travel, lodging, personal expenses, or special events.
- Breakout Session Proposal Submissions Due no later than August 1, 2021 11:59P ET
- Selections will be announced via email by August 16, 2021
- Speaker confirmations including Power Point, Bio and Photo due by October 29, 2021
- Pre-Event Conference Call for speakers on November 3, 2021 3:30P ET/2:30P CT/1:30P MT/12:30P PT
- Breakout Session Days/Times – ALL times are Eastern:
- Tuesday, November 9, 2021 1:00pm – 2:30pm and 3:00pm – 4:30pm
- Wednesday, November 10, 2021 1:00pm – 2:30pm and 3:00pm – 4:30pm
- Thursday, November 11, 2021 8:00am – 9:30am and 10:00am – 11:30am
Session Lengths: Please note, this call is for Breakout Sessions only and each session is 90 minutes long, including time for questions and answers. A typical session will include 5 minutes for introduction & closure, 75 minutes of presentation and 10 minutes Q&A. Selected presentations may be offered twice, typically back to back, to allow conference attendees to attend all sessions.
Breakout Tracks: Sessions will fall into one of the following four tracks. Please note the appropriate track for your presentation proposal during submission. APTAC reserves the right to place your presentation in any track based on topic and/or need. The number of available slots for each training track is limited, so you may want to consider a topic that falls into multiple tracks.
- Program Manager (example topics include Management/Leadership, etc.)
- How to “PTAC” (Beginner Level Sessions covering topics such as counseling skills, SAM, etc.)
- How to do Business with_____ (example topics include Federal, local, SBIR/STTR, etc.)
- PTAC Hot Topics (example topics include legal updates, cyber, etc.)
Government Agency Presenters: If you are a government employee wishing to speak on behalf of your agency, please contact email@example.com rather than completing the standard submission process.
Presentation Topics: Selections will be made based on (1) relevance and importance of the topic, (2) past performance of the presenter, and (3) experience of the presenter in the topic proposed. APTAC is now accepting presentation proposals from engaging and experienced experts to address our conference theme in topical areas such as the following:
Making a Submittal: Please note: Current PTAC counselors are encouraged to submit proposals only with the approval of their Program Manager and/or supervisor. If you are interested in speaking/presenting at APTAC’s Fall 2021 Training & Best Practices Conference, please provide the following information ASAP, but not later than the submission due date.
- Session Topic (44 characters or less) you would like to present (in any of the specified topical areas or on any topic related to the training conference’s overall theme).
- Proposed Session Description (200 words or less) including learning objectives: “As a result of this training, PTAC Counselors will learn…..”
- Best fitting Breakout Track
- Brief Statement about how you will make your proposed topic relevant to the APTAC audience, including FAR and/or APTAC Body of Knowledge references where applicable.
- Brief biographic sketch highlighting experience and background related to the topic.
- Name, Title, and Organization, e-mail address.
Acceptance and Notification: All proposed presentations received by the deadline will be reviewed, and speakers will be notified via email of their acceptance.
By clicking the button below to submit a proposed presentation, you are acknowledging having read and accept the above information. Submission of your proposal is acceptance that you may be scheduled for any session during the conference schedule and you agree to be available as scheduled.
Ms. Debbie Barber
APTAC Education Committee Chair:
Ms. Lenora Leasure